Sunday, January 13, 2013

Fanning Into Flame

Now that Christmas is over it is time to take down the Christmas decor... & BURN THE CHRISTMAS TREE!!  You'd do the same thing if you lived on a farm.  Our friends, David & Kathy, came out to watch!!

Here's some pics from the event...
 This is the Hubster stuffing the tree with leftover wrapping paper and spraying it with lighter fluid...

This is the Hubster lighting the tree on fire...

This is moments later of the Hubster jumping out of the way of the flame (of course I was yelling at him to get out of the way... he doesn't seem as concerned as I was that he almost caught on fire)...

This is the Hubster adding more flame to the fire...  


This is the fire in full glory... speechless.

Our friend, David, was mesmerized...


The Hubster & David. This is SO CRAZY!!! The fire only lasted about 5minutes or so... if that!




Here's my girl, Kathy, & I with the remainder of our glorious Christmas tree in the background!  Pics of tree with flash and without flash below...


In other news, I have started reading this book that has really stirred up a hunger for more of God's presence and work in my life.  I got the pic for the book on Amazon.

If you have not heard of Reinhard Bonnke, then you need to check him out.  I first heard of this evangelist when I was a student at the School of Ministry in Toronto.  Then I had the opportunity to hear him speak at the 2011 Awakening Conference in Chicago when I went with my mother-in-law & sisters-in-law.  Here is a link to a portion of his talk at that conference.   Seriously, you need to listen to it.  I LOVE THIS!!!  Can I just tell you?  This book is amazing and so inspiring!  It's the autobiography of his life and his encounters of the Holy Spirit from an early age. It's brought sweet memories of when I first encountered the Holy Spirit when I was young, and how I have never been the same. It His Spirit in me that resonates, "Abba, Father." (ROMANS 8:15) I know that I am His.  


I've also recently had my testimony published in the  Revival Magazine!!  You can read my testimony here.  Rereading it fans the flame within me as well!  It stirs up just a love for our church as I remember when Jesus first started speaking to my heart about church-planting.  SO crazy to see what He has done since that time!!!


So God has been "fanning into flame" the life and Spirit within me.  Tonight, it continued as we had our church's VISION NIGHT.  Our lead pastor spoke on the "vision" for this upcoming year, something that he and the other staff pastors have been praying over.  I felt overwhelmed by the Holy Spirit and such a deep love for JESUS' CHURCH... It's been a hard year. We have said good-bye to some DEAR FRIENDS... yet this is where Jesus wants us, the Hubster & I.  This is where He has placed us and has called us to serve.  I say,"Yes!" to Him... even when it hurts.  Even when it's hard to say good-bye.  All I have is Christ.  Jesus is my life.... How can I not give my life for this?? Keep fanning the flame that burns within, Lord.


In Him,
Rebekah


2 comments:

  1. Bekah, first off, I love your blog. I love the stuff you're writing about and I'm excited for what Jesus is doing in you and in Michael. Definitely praying for you guys!

    Christmas tree fire-- Awesome. Marshmallows would have made it perfect though. ;)

    I haven't heard of Bonnke, but looked him up on Wikipedia... definitely worth checking out. I'll add this book to my list!

    And Vision Night... wasn't it so good?! It's amazing to me that we get to experience and witness the Holy Spirit working so thoroughly, so completely in our lives. It's something I'll never get over.

    Hope you guys have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angie!! I just updated this post slightly! Found out I was published in a magazine... pretty crazy!! It's more about Holy Spirit stuff in my life. Really cool!

      You should check out the videos I have of Bonnke on here. And, yes, Vision Night was AWESOME!! Looking forward to High Rock being at the IMU this spring!

      Delete