Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Past Projects

Christmas 2010 the Hubster gave me a new digital camera!  Nothing too fancy, but I was still excited to be able to document our lives through snap shots.  I also happened to take a few pics of some of the projects that I finished last year.  That being said, what better way to be inspired for my list of projects for 2012 than to reminisce on 2011?

I mentioned in my previous post that I would like to make more hand-stitched alphabet wall-hangings.  To give you an idea of what I was talking about, below are a few pictures of some of the wall-hangings I made last year.  Though these show an entire name, I would like to try and have a variety of alphabet letters stitched and stretched on an 8x10 canvas frame (i.e. instead of 'Adrienne' I would just put an 'A').





This was made for my niece, Adrienne, for her 8th birthday last spring!  Unfortunately, I do not have the finished project pictured, but I ended up stretching the fabric on an 8x10 canvas frame and adding pink rick-rack ribbon around the edges.  (And Adrienne absolutely loved it)  :)






This one was made for an amazing young woman, Tader, for her birthday & graduation/dorm warming gift this past fall.  Here you can see the final touches with the rick-rack around the edge.  (Plus if you notice real closely, you will see that I had to relocate the large pink dot from the original idea... oops!)







I love this piece!  This was for my sister-in-law's birthday last fall.  I like it because it has a vintage/fun feel to it.  The flowers on this piece were actually from an old pillowcase!  If you look closely you can see that I stitched around the different shapes of the flowers onto a mustard yellow fabric, and then stitched that whole piece onto the white background.  The button seemed like a fun addition, too! You can tell I love those rick-rack edges!

I give credit to my friend Laura who gave me the stitchin' inspiration!  Here is an example of some of her work.

Well, what do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment