Sunday, February 26, 2012

Almost There

Little by little I am working on my 'list' from the beginning of the year...  It just takes me awhile to blog about it!  I've also been diligently checking off assignments and internship requirements as I finish up my masters degree in community counseling.  *Sigh.  It feels like it has been a long time coming, but then, at the same time, it feels as though it has gone by fast.  At the end of this semester I will be finished with my coursework, and only be left with post-degree requirements before I am able to sit for the licensure exam (another 2 years away).  Perhaps another post will be dedicated to the ends-&-outs of these requirements, but for now all you need to know is that I am... almost there!! :)  Next week I will be fine-tuning my resume in hopes to start applying for counseling positions to start in May.  I will keep you posted about that process.

Now back to this list of mine, & the non-graduate work that I have been doing :)  

I actually made this first project over Christmas break.  I've had an empty frame hanging in my kitchen for some time now (don't get me wrong- I love the empty-frame look; however, they tend to make sense and be cuter among other empty frames...not just one).  So, I was intrigued when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I was truly inspired!  I went with my friend, Tracy, to Hobby Lobby and found the supplies I needed, wire & cute little antique paperclips!  Using the Hubster's handy staple gun I attache the wire to the back of the frame.  I then added Christmas cards to it (as it was Christmas time when I made this).

Here's what it looked like...














I recently received my cousin, Em's wedding save-the-date in the mail and instantly wanted to put it on display!  (SO happy for Em & Michael!!).  I went ahead and changed the display in my frame, and I absolutely love how it turned out!!  I intend to continue to update it with thank-yous, wedding invites, baby announcements, and what-not!  SO fun!


Here's what it looked like after I did the 'switch-a-roo'...


& Here's a little close-up of my cousin's save-the-date!  You can also see the tiny antique paperclips I was talking about.  This save-the-date is such a cute idea! The date shows up in the background as if it is on the old theater sign!  Em, have I told you yet that I am excited for you?  Ah!  Can't wait!




 
I have also tried a new recipe that I originally found on Pinterest!  It's called Mexican Baked Eggs, and it was absolutely delicious~ and especially SPICY (which I love)!! 

 Mine did not turn out as 'fancy' as the one pictured in the link above, but it was still tastey ;) This is what mine looked like...


Though this dish was technically a breakfast dish, we had it for dinner so whatevs :)  Oh yeah, & the Huster approved!  (That is always a plus!)

Another thing that I have been trying to make room for is helping my friend, Lindsay, decorate her kid's bedroom.  As I mentioned with my list from the beginning, her & her husband are expecting a baby boy this summer!  Not only that, her little girl, Olivia, will be turning 2!  (I can hardly believe it!)  With that being said, Olivia will be needing a 'big girl' bed to sleep in, and her brother will be taking over her crib.  Lindsay is planning to have them share a room so we've gotten together to brainstorm ideas to make that possible.  

Lindsay was not sure she wanted to buy a new comforter set for Olivia, and we tried to brainstorm what we could do with her twin size grey duvet cover.  We decided to use fun fabrics to make a flower print on the duvet, and then Lindsay would use the rest of the fabric to make some cute throw pillows for the bed.

So far we've taken a trip to cute little fabric store in Bloomington, IN called Shiisa Quilts.  They carried some cute & unique fabrics!  We were able to pick out some fabrics for Olivia's portion of the room.  And after brainstorming ideas Lindsay put this together...





Here's a picture of me with the little princess, Olivia, herself!  So cute!  

We still need to work on the nursery side of the room, and add a few finishing touches/stitches to Olivia's duvet cover & pillows, BUT... we are ALMOST THERE!!!  ;) 

Love,  Bekah

1 comment:

  1. Love the new cards in your frame! So cute. And Olivia's comforter looks amazing! You guys did a wonderful job :) Love you, girl and I love reading tour blogs ;)

    ReplyDelete