Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Silly Creativity

*Sigh...

Just breathe. 

A month from today I will (hopefully) be graduating with my Masters in Community Counseling from Indiana University.  It's hard to believe; I have been looking forward to this day for quite awhile.  I can honestly say that I do not know how I could have gotten through this without the Hubster.  He even came home yesterday on his lunch hour to provide the emotional support I needed to get through that day.  I am grateful for Father's grace that He provides me with the strength to continue, to finish, and He provides the Hubster with patience.  What a good team!

In the meantime, I have had another niece who has had a birthday!!  Adrienne Rose turned 9-years-old on March 15.  Over Christmas we were a little silly and took some random pictures!  I really wanted to utilize those photos for her birthday gift, and create a similar project as the one I made for her sister, Claire.  Here's what I did...

Adrienne's favorite color is purple, so I edited the pictures of us to be a monochromatic shade of purple.   I, then, printed the pictures onto tissue paper that was taped to a regular piece of copy paper.  This provides a thin, antique look when it is adhered to a canvas. The printed tissue paper is shown on the first two pictures above.  I cut out these pictures and Mod Podged them to a prepped canvas (painted with white acrylic paint). 




Next, I added captions to our "SILLY" pictures!  I also added some texture with some modeling paste.  The above two pictures provide a closer look at the project at this step.




I added yellow paint to cover up the white space.  Then I took a purple pastel crayon to outline and add texture to the piece.  The last step was to apply a fun, zebra print ribbon around the border with a hot glue gun.


I mailed this with a coloring book and the extra zebra print ribbon so she could wear it in her hair.  My sister told me she received an iPod Touch for her birthday, and had free texts.  Upon receiving the gift, Addy texted me and said, "I love my gift!  Thank you!"... It's pretty silly, but then again, she really brings out the silly in me :)

What do you think!?

Rebekah

2 comments:

  1. It looks so great!! I love it :) You did an amazing job on it. I'm praying for you to have strength and peace these next few weeks before you graduate. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie... I really appreciate it. :)

      Delete